History is all you left me; OCD

OCD is not just making everything neat or clean.

I was once dumb.
With how the media industry portrayed a person with OCD as this annoying character who likes to clean everything and make everything neat or obsessively doing something just because? *guiltily I've been following that stereotype since, but while I am reading this book "History is all you left me" I begin to do research on OCD.

The best thing about reading books is that you can literally put yourself into that story and feel every emotion the author is writing out.

You see, one of the characters in this book, his name is Griffin and he has OCD.
While I am reading this book, I didn't even know that the behavior he's having is OCD, until he mentioned like 100pages in. 

The kind of OCD he has is, I don't know how to explain it? he feels really anxious when numbers are not even, he would have anxiety attacks if something happens at an odd time, example 3:53pm.
You would say "just don't look at the time!" but this is a disorder, it's not that simple and it's not just with time.

He would unconsciously count the stuff that would pop up in his head, if the stuff pops up only 3 times then he will realize it instantly and goes "it was only 3 ideas pop up, I have to have another one" he would hope for a 4th idea and if the 4th idea didn't pop up there goes the trigger for an anxiety attack, he feels something is going to go wrong or bad and he can't stop it all of these negative thinking pouring into his head without he even asking for it.

He also feels, he can't explain it but he needs to always stay on someone's right and he can't control it even though these behavior are recognized. 


I hope you understand this lots or little.
Because it is so hard to explain this thing that is happening inside your brain.
And It is so hard to explain what this character is going through (You'll need to read the book), but I wanted to say this

"It is way more than you think it is"
He had a boyfriend who helps him to even all the stuff or always stay at his left, to put his mind in peace. 
He had, now he's alone battling these war including the OCD part by himself.
I have to finish this book to see what going to happen in the end, but I know it will be a happy one, why? can't tell you lol read the book.

I hope when you finish reading this you going to see things differently and yea it's not always as it seems.

Thank you for turning in this secret satellite I have put out.
Total: 488 words, 12 paragraphs, published on 22/12/2018 and 6:44pm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety; insecurity ruin my relationship

Cambodia; Drinking Culture

Secret Satellite: My open letter to writing out your feeling.