Depression; lying to people that I'm okay

I sometimes forgot that I am lying to people.
Because I am so used to say I'm "Okay"
Because I don't want to sound weak or dramatic
Because I don't want be a victim, I want to be strong.

IC: chipaitsme_

There was a lot on my head for the past days and I have been emotionally everywhere.
Lost between space and time.
Lost between places and people.

There was a lot to process.
And I tried my best to process.

She asked me "Are you okay?"
I told her "Yea yea, I'm just a little bit hungover that's all"
And she said "From last night? it's the afternoon now, you seem not in the moment"
I said "yea I know, I seem high and shit but im just hungover"

I was hungover, but more of having a depression episode because of all the thing that is happening, all of the question I have asked myself for the past days because I thought it was a good idea to self-reflect.
I mean it was good but it was too much and I bite off more than I could chew.
But it's not the 1st time that I have one of these sad episodes.
So I am "Okay"

You see, I rather struggle with it myself then to admin to someone I have this stupid problem.
And it is not even stupid, it's important for people to know so they could help me.
But I just felt weak and dumb for letting people help me with my own emotions.
"I am so wrong"
Later that day I went out again with my friends, having fun.
Dancing, drinking and enjoying the company of people I like.
Trying to wash away my episode.

It went well, I know drinking is not a good coping mechanism.
But I was feeling better, happy with my friends.

Until I saw him.
That one person triggered my anxiety issue.
And I had a mini attack.

I was drunk, so it was easy for me to not focus on him or anything at all.
So I was okay. Did not break down at a party. Good job me.

But the next morning, I when up feeling so shit.
And I can't stop thinking, remembering and feeling what he did to me.

With the episode I already have plus getting triggered a mini attack by him.
I cried, feeling stupidly weak.
Drove to my dentist's appointment crying, drove back home crying.
Cry again after cleaning my room.

I felt like shit.
Until I finally felt brave enough to reach out.

I told her
"Yesterday when you ask me if I was okay and I said I was hungover, I wasn't. I'm having one of my depression episode since Friday, it's not that I don't trust you, I just don't want to feel weak or being vitminize"

I didn't even realize I lied about being okay until I thought about it
I am so used to lying about being okay and never reach out for help and now stuck in the mindset of always saying I am okay even when I am not

Even when I clearly need help.
I am so used to being "Strong"
That I forget to be "Weak", forget that people can help me to be "stronger".
Forget that I don't have to struggle alone. forget that there are people around me that are willing to listen to me and help me going through what I am going through.

I told her everything,
From the too much self-reflection to seeing that guy.

And I felt so much better :) knowing someone cares,
knowing she was just waiting for me to open up and come in to help me.
knowing I can trust her, knowing she can trust me back.

I hope after reading this you will feel strong enough to open up to someone.
I am waiting for you to open up to me.
To make us stronger.

Thank you
This friend from the internet will always be with you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety; insecurity ruin my relationship

Cambodia; Drinking Culture

Secret Satellite: My open letter to writing out your feeling.